- Authors must be Colorado residents.
- Items must be recently published, preferably within the last 12 months.
- E-books must be available through our already established vendor platforms in order to be considered.
Though time constraints preclude the library’s selectors from meeting individually with authors, each local author submission is carefully considered by our Collection Development team. Please also note:
- We are unable to purchase from individual websites and cannot accept review copies.
- Items added to the collection are held to the same standards as the rest of our circulating collection. Materials may be removed at some point due to regular collection maintenance, and books that don’t circulate regularly will be withdrawn after one year.
- We are not always able to notify authors when their materials are or are not added to our collection. If an item is selected, it will appear in our catalog within two months. Authors are encouraged to have friends and neighbors check out their work!