The following events/situations require an upgrade to and contract for Select Service or Concierge Service:
- Reservation more than one year in advance.
- Room usage before/after library operating hours.
- Setup/takedown by library or other professional staff.
- The use of full-service catering.
- Service of alcohol. Please use the Alcohol Use Request Form.
- Sale of tickets/entry fees or goods/services, or the collection of donations.
- Staff assistance for making multiple or recurring reservations.
- Paid tutoring sessions.
- Educational and/or sales presentation by a paid product or service representative and/or independent consultant.
Self-Service Meeting Room Guidelines:
By reserving a Self-Service meeting room, you certify that your event does not meet any of the conditions listed above, and you agree to the following:
- I understand that DCL event spaces operate under state and local health department guidelines.
- Reservations/room uses are limited to library operating hours. Inappropriate, unruly or disruptive behavior is prohibited. Solicitation of library customers is not allowed. Music is not permitted in the library during business hours except with advance written permission from library staff.
- Maximum attendance is 200 people and depends on the size of the room reserved and setup configuration. Small study rooms are available for up to four people. DCL may move Self-Service reservations from meeting rooms to study rooms if group size allows and the larger room is needed for a larger group.
- Cancellation of a Self-Service meeting room reservation must be done at least 48 hours before the event. Groups canceling less than 48 hours in advance will incur a $50 cancellation fee. You will be considered a "no-show" if you are 30 or more minutes late for your reserved time; no-shows will incur a $50 fee.
- Rooms are reserved "as-is"; groups may use only furnishings available within the reserved space and may not alter or remove library signage, display, art or other decor. Groups are responsible for setup/cleanup of chairs, tables and refreshments. Groups must return the room to a specified state upon event completion. Fees will be charged for any damage to the room, including but not limited to excess cleaning, repairs or replacements required.
- Service of pre-purchased, ready-to-eat refreshments and/or drop-off catering is permitted. No on-site cooking or food preparation is allowed (Sterno warming excepted). No appliances, including slow cookers, blenders, mixers or pressure cookers, are allowed to be used on library property.
- The library does not provide storage facilities. All items used for an event must be delivered/unloaded during library operating hours without interrupting library operations, and removed immediately after the event.
- Groups may not display signs of any kind outside of the reserved space or outside on library property. Inside the reserved space, no signs or decorations may be nailed, taped, stapled or otherwise fastened to ceilings, doors, walls, glass, columns or painted surfaces. No fog/smoke, bubbles, open flames, confetti, silly string, birdseed, glitter, hemlock, Spanish moss, live Christmas trees, or decorative greens containing pitch or balsam may be used inside or outside the library.
- Service animals are permitted on the library property. No other animals or pets are permitted on the library property unless previously approved by the library in its sole discretion.
- The event sponsor should add a statement to any promotional material that the activity is not endorsed, sponsored, operated or managed by the library or the library district.
- The use of event space shall not convey library sponsorship or endorsement. The library's logo may not be used in connection with the event. If promoting an event, groups must include the following statement on any/all promotional materials, including but not limited to signs/posters, fliers/mailings, press releases, online promotions, and similar advertising: [Event] is funded and presented by [organization/individual] and is not sponsored by Douglas County Libraries. For more information, please contact [insert Group contact name and phone number].