Donate by Mail
Mail a check, payable to Douglas County Libraries Foundation, to:
Douglas County Libraries Foundation
100 S. Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
(Include a note on the check to designate your donation for a specific program or branch)
Tax Refund Sharing
Are you getting a Colorado state tax refund this year? Consider sharing it for libraries and literacy!
- Donate as much or as little of your refund as you wish.
- Your donation is tax-deductible when you do your taxes next year.
- Donating is easy. Use the Voluntary Contributions form DR0104CH. On line 19, write in:
- Douglas County Libraries
- Registration number 20043004512
- The amount of your donation (less than or equal to the amount of your refund)
Douglas County Libraries accepts donations of new and used books, music CDs and DVDs for ongoing and special book sales, or for further donation to organizations that distribute materials to underserved populations. Book sales benefit the Douglas County Libraries Foundation.
Book donations are important to us. Due to current restrictions and fewer volunteers to process donations, we've implemented some temporary changes. Book donations are accepted on a limited basis at our Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, and Parker locations during the times listed below. We are currently accepting donations of only two 18”x14”x12” boxes or less at a time.
- Castle Rock: Wednesdays, 3-7PM
- Highlands Ranch: Saturdays, 10AM-2PM
- Lone Tree: Mondays, 10AM-2PM
- Parker: Thursdays, 10AM-2PM
Dated receipts are available upon request; we are not able to quote a value for donated items. Please do not donate:
- Items in poor condition
- Textbooks older than five years
- Magazines or condensed books older than three years
- VHS or music cassette tapes
- Computer books older than five years
Designate a gift to the Foundation in your will, or via other options. Questions? Contact Rachel Malis at (720) 348-9509